Mastering Changing Markets
Staying competitive as many businesses develop a larger online presence is just one of the many challenges facing consumer goods companies. Pickier consumers and the emergence of small brands is making larger companies rethink their market strategies.
Add to that, increasing consumer diversity, globalization, Big Data and social and digital media, and you have a lot of work to do:
- Large amounts of data to analyze – Sales, external retail systems, supply chain
- Difficult to plan at detailed levels – SKU level
- Access to retailer information – Customer purchasing habits, POS data
- Margin sensitive products – Requires what-if analysis capability on a large scale
- Complex calculations – Trending, ranking, exceptions, etc.
- Variety of reporting requirements – ERP speak vs. management speak
- Competitive marketplace – Requires speed, speed, speed
Reporting requirements change as often as customer behavior. Solutions must be adaptable and flexible